Thursday, June 26, 2008

My First Concert


Well June 24th I went to my first concert. At the Showbox SODO in Seattle to see RZA. You see I am A huge Wu-Tang fan and wasnt able to attend Wu-Tang at Bumbershoot so I jumped at the chance to see RZA. Its Not Wu-Tang but if Wu go into it wanting Wu-Tang then why would you even go.

The first act of the night was a terrible local rap rock punk band called The Saturday Knights the less said about them the better.

The RZA's DJ DJ Kevie KEV came out asked us if we were ready for the RZA then said to Fucking bad he aint here yet. The DJ played a mix of a bunch of classic rap tunes then came a suprise appearence from Solomen Childs. Oh yeah before I forget Divine came out to speak with the DJ and I freaked out like it was RZA himself.

Solomon Rocked the stage performing 3 new songs intended for his album which is set to release in noctober which I am picking up. The He did a freestyle and accapellaed his verse from stroke of death.

RZA"s roadie Big Rio came out and introduced Stone Mecca who rocked the stage. They through a T-Shirt into the Crowd which my friend almost got into a fight over. And There keyboardest Inglewood Green in one of the sweetest people alive cool cat.

Kevie KEv played some more classic cuts the at Midnight RZA came of staged. The Doors opened at 8 and RZA arrived 4 hours later. BAcked by Kevie Kev Kinetic and The Rugged Monk of Black Knights and Poppa WU smoking a Black and Mild just hanging out onstage RZA tore the house down performing racks off his new album, old RZA solo tracks and he did a melody of Wu-Tang cuts. Some things worth mentioning During Booby Trap Dexter Wiggles came out to ssing the hook and Inglewood Green would run in place and whenever Wiggles said stop Inglewood stopped in place, Monk C-Walking during We Pop to guys dancing between the stage and the barricade during Booby Trap and RZA performing Love Jone with a busted ass gal on satge dancing and Kinetic and Kevie cracknig jokes on her. The Finally was You Cant Stop Me Now followed by RZA saying peace then RZA and the Whole Crowd singing Shimmy Shimmy Ya.

After the show as I was leaving I bought Black Knights - Every Night Is A Black Knight from Monk for 10 dollars

All in all it was a great show and im glad to call that my first concert and I am planning on going to GZA in Augest.

No comments: